Monday 8 March 2010

still a kid inside... no, outside.

So, I'm 13 again. Apparently.

Ask anyone who is short what is the most annoying item to shop for, and 9.5 out of 10 midgets will say trousers. I, being only 5'2", am no exception. I have cut hems off jeans, and sewed up bottoms of trousers... but laziness is inherent in my genes so really I consider such actions laborious and, let's face it, very wasteful.

Then it struck me today - as I stood, once again frustrated, in one particular branch of H&M on Oxford Street - that I could easily waddle my vertically challenged legs into the kids section! There were some strange looks from parents, and even weirder glances from the shop assistants. But hey, I was right - the 13 year-old jeans fitted me perfectly,
and was comfortable. It felt like I was born again.

So, reeling in this revelation, I flitted around more shops - Next, Gap, Debenhams... you name it, anywhere that had a kids section. My eyes were greedy with hunger as my potential wardrobe has essentially just doubled in size. And for cheaper price tags too [children's clothes are VAT-free; double, triple, quadruple score].

I'm a fussy shopper though, and after walking around for goddamn near 3 hours, I finally settled on a simple pair of straight-legged jeans from Bhs. The price tag says, plain as day, '
13 year-olds, 158cm'... but hey, it was £12! I'm a genius!

Strange to think now as I didn't even mean to buy jeans in the first place [although I do need them], I originally simply wanted to check out Uniqlo. I can't believe there are 3 branches on Oxford Street and I'd never heard of it before last weekend... Shows how much of a shopaholic I am. Meh.

Oh and I got a new haircut. My fringe was in dire need of sorting out and some hair decided to do splits on me... Vanity isn't my strong point but even I was not impressed, so they got the chop. I took Apple's advice and braved Mr Toppers on Tottenham Court Road. The cut was okay, I wasn't expecting much for £20 and just needed a change. I still hate the fringe, but as I didn't give her much to work with, it's tolerable. Even though my clothes might say I'm 13, times have gone by since I used to cry about hair...

On a random note, I hate Facebook. It's ruining my life.