Sunday 28 March 2010

my life is boring

My life is boring. Please stop reading here.

Term has finished a week ago. I have not opened a single book - unless sketchbooks count. To make procrastination worse, I have started playing a game called 'FarmVille' on Facebook, because a goddamn BBC news article had called it 'obsessive'. It's crap, like a cheap rip-off of Zoo Tycoon (which is awesome), but I am still playing it - which frankly just proves how bored I am.

I'm also back in Homeland, arrived yesterday. I swear I told mother dearest that I was going to Manky's - a dear old friend - house for dinner on the first night; as it's the only time I'm going to see her this holiday. But, of course she forgot that. The musty smell of beef crockpot reached my nose before I even arrived at the door. Thank to that, and some other reasons, I set off to Manky's 5 minutes later plagued with gut-gnawing guilt.

And once I arrived there, it turned out Manky's mother had prepared a feast too. Wow...! Chinese people really do love their food. I was definitely pregnant with a sizeable and healthy food baby by the time we migrated to the sofa... where Manky herself offered me even more snacks and trifle. Thank god her dad was able to give me a ride home...

MANKY, IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I DO APPRECIATE IT ALL!! I'M JUST PLAYING IT 'COOL' FOR THE OTHERS.

Oh! Just to update my shingles crisis. My second appointment with another doctor retracted the former diagnosis. The doc couldn't tell me what the painful red rash was... but as it was fading away by then, she didn't seem to care much either; which, hey, was fine by me! I was just glad I didn't have to fork out for stupid damn expensive medicine *thumbs up*

...

Okay, I'm seriously struggling to think of anything to say. And I don't even have any interesting photos to put up either... this is a horrendously tedious and boring post. Will stop now. Bleugh.