Thursday 25 February 2010

沉鱼落雁,闭月羞花

So on Tuesday, I was repeatedly punching my brain left, right and centre for some ideas towards this goddamn blog when I realised: I didn't quite want to explicitly state my full name on a public blog. Call me weird (and anal), but I do like to keep certain things private. I had considered making this completely private or invite-only actually; but (1) I'm not egotistical enough to invite people who do not suffer from sleep-deprivation already, and (2) I already have a private diary like I said! And this'll just turn out to be an extension of that if I don't constrain myself to talk about trivial, everyday musings.

Meh.

Anyway, the point is whilst I was facing this dilemma, I realised, duh! I have a perfectly legitimate (and in fact, legal) Chinese name! This is 雁, which literally translates to a wild goose. Sounds stupid... and my profile has already summarised the reasons why. Basically, my Chinese name is synonymous with the story name. My dad clearly wanted me to be beautiful *scoff*.

So obviously I was curious about this woman, and therefore I went snooping on the internet. Wikipedia was of course the first source I turned to (I did try Chinese websites once before giving up - the characters just give me a headache nowadays), and somehow a YouTube clip came up displaying a trailer for 《王昭君》[Wang ZhaoJun] which is the name of the woman I supposedly owe my name to. It looked pretty decent, I was bored, and have been looking for something to watch lately... and therefore I did.

And today, barely 48 hours later than I first clicked on that trailer... I've watched 16 full episodes of the bloody drama. 16!! Each episode lasts 40 effing minutes! And I probably would've exceeded that if my internet didn't crap up every so often. Tisn't cool, my peapods, tisn't cool at all.

My housemate AA (yeah, I'm going to refer to people by the first word I think of with the first letter of their name - have to respect their privacy too *nods*) actually thought I was working all day, since I did not even leave my room to use the toilet for 7 hours... Tsk tsk, silly woman.

Anyway, so currently that's my obsession. The drama itself isn't even that good, but I've feeling pretty empty lately... Have lost much motivation for work, and prospects for summer isn't looking good. Baaah.

On another note, quite a few people I know have suddenly started blogs too! To call it coincidence would be rather freaky, but at the same time, I don't think I mentioned it to many people...
  • AA has started 2 blogs, in fact! One for her Disney adventures in the Summer (so bloody jealous), and one for pretentious and Cambridgey film reviews (jokes!).
  • Adam (what the eff, he's not called Adam), again has 2 blogs: one for himself, and one with his friend Elephant.
  • Semen (... gawd, I do apologize). Her first entry make me lol so much. Haha!
Okay, so only 3 people. But all within this month! That's what's surprising. Irritatingly, they have ALL posted their blog on different websites, which makes following them an absolute pinch in the arse. Gits. We should've huddled first...

This is turning into an essay. I'm so used to writing what I think directly on my diaries that it's hard to stop. I will stop though. Yes I will. Stop. Stop.